domingo, 17 de febrero de 2013

B1.3 Friday afternoons

I forgot to ask a student to make a summary of last Friday's class, so I will do it.
SUMMARY OF LAST CLASS:

First we corrected Progress Test 2 in class, exchanging Tests.

Then we reviewed the vocabulary about crimes on page 24 and discussed the questions in c) in small groups.

Next we did the questionnaire about honesty in pairs and studied the 2nd conditional (pp.24-25) both with the exercises in the book and others that I brought in.

Finally, we did the vocabulary  on p. 26 on verbs and complements related to crimes that go together and did listening.

I told the class that I had received a note from the CSIM saying that, since May 3rd will be a holiday, we should make all the classes from now on 15 minutes longer.  We decided that we will begin at 15.55 instead of 16.00 starting next Friday. But we also decided that adding another10 minutes at the end would make the class too long, so instead I shuld give more independent video exercises like The Simpsons, which you can do outside class and other interesting homework. I said I would provide a link to the song If I Were a Rich Man from the film Fiddler on the Roof and here it is below.

The video clip  found has subtitles in English, so it makes my exericise very easy, but I am including it anyway because it will force you to concentrate more on the lyrics.
Click for exercise

Click here  for video clip.  Enjoy! the actor is super cute and funny!

Also, for an extra conversation activity, read on the web about one of these famous crimes in the US and be prepared to talk about it:
- OJ Simpson
- The Assassination of John Lennon
- The Aurora Colorado shooting ( 2012)
-  Columbine High School
- Bernie Maddox
- The Menendez Brothers
- Scott Peterson/ Lacey Peterson
- Casey Anthony
- Enron
- Newtown elementary school

FINALLY study this doc. on the 3 condtionals as next Friday we will concentrate on the 3rd conditional and contrast it with the 2nd.
Click here

I know this is a lot but I think the material is interesting.

IF YOU DIDN'T COME LAST FRIDAY, PLEASE COME THIS FRIDAY!!





2 comentarios: